The FishBuddy Directory website at 3ws.co.uk is owned and managed by Fish Buddy Limited and their Privacy Statement applies to this website.
Privacy Statement is as follows:
Fish Buddy Limited (“we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data. This privacy notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data.
This privacy notice relates to personal information that identifies you as a natural person (whether you are an actual or potential customer, an individual who browses our website or an individual outside our organisation with whom we interact). We refer to this information throughout this privacy notice as personal data or personal information and further detail of what this includes are set out in this privacy notice below.
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected by us at all times. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it explains how we may collect and use your personal data.
This privacy notice may vary from time to time so please check it regularly. This privacy notice was last updated on 25 November 2019
What information we hold about you and where we obtain this from
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following information:
- Personal data you provide to us in person, via our website, through completion of one of our submission forms or by telephone
- It includes personal data submitted to any previous owner of 3ws.co.uk
- Personal data you provide when you enquire about additional services
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
How we use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
As the data we hold has previously been submitted by you to 3ws.co.uk the basis of processing for the following is consent
- To ensure that content from our site is accurate, up to date and presented in the most effective manner for you, your business and our users
- To provide you with information or services when you request it
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To work with close affiliates in order to develop wider services but only in connection with fishing and fishing related services
Where we are relying on a basis other than consent
We may rely on one or more of the following legal bases when processing your personal data for the following purposes:
|Purposes for which we process your personal data||The basis on which we can do this (this is what the law allows)|
|In order to perform our contractual obligations to you.||The processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us|
|To assist in the prevention and reduction of fraud and other financial crime||The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law and our legal requirements|
|In the interests of security and to improve our service, telephone calls you make to us may be monitored and/or recorded||The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in the management and operation of our business|
|To let you know about similar products and services that may be of interest to you||The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest in operating our business|
Who we pass your personal data to
We may need to pass your personal data to other companies which may include:
- Other companies or brands within our group of companies
- To assist in the smooth running of all supplied services and to facilitate any support services requested by you we may, from time to time, and when necessary, we will divulge your personal data to our hosting support company 24Host, 74 High Hazels Drive, Nottingham NG17 2QR, or our web programming team to assist in required support services for web site programming updates and/or hosting and server services
- Organisations that have a specific role laid out in law, such as statutory bodies, regulatory authorities and other authorised bodies
- Other organisations where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law, for example if we received a valid request from the police or other third-party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime
- Another company, if our business or part of it is bought or taken over by that company to make sure your service can continue to be provided or as part of preliminary discussions with that company about a possible sale or take over
The information you share with us may be transferred by us or any of the types of firms or organisations we have noted above, to other countries in order for processing to take place, including locations outside of the UK and the European Union. We will only do so if there are adequate levels of protection in place as required by applicable data protection laws.
You have the right to ask us for the status of your current personal/business data. Plus, you have the right to ask us to remove or update your personal/business data.
You can request this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Fish Buddy Limited, 20-24 Faraday Road, Wavertree Technology Park, Liverpool L13 1EH
How we protect your personal/business data
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected.
- We use industry standard protection software and hardware programmes to help ward off vulnerabilities and attacks
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we have given you a password which registered users require to access certain areas of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Our in house systems and servers use appropriate firewalls and virus protection software and hardware.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use recommended up-to-date software and hardware for your personal/business data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted via the Internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and standard industry software and hardware to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Contacting the Information Commissioners Office
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. or visit their website at www.ico.org.uk/